Saturday, February 5, 2011

HAPPY HEART DAY!!

Today is Happy Heart Day.  Today is Jonathon's 3 year anniversary.  Today is a day to celebrate.  Today is a day to be thankful.  Today is a day for pure happiness.

On Feb 5, 2008 Jonathon was 5 months old and went to Children s Hospital of Michigan and had OHS to repair ASD/VSD. 

His BAV is still being monitored.

And I am very happy to say Jonathon is a healthy 3 year old.




Atrial Septal Defect (ASD) - a hole in the septum between the upper left and upper right heart chambers. This causes mixing of the red and blue blood, thus overworking the right side of the heart. The three types of ASD's are Sinus Venosus, Ostium Primum and Ostium Secundum. Sometimes the ASD can be closed during a cardiac catheterization or surgery may be required. 

Ventricular Septal Defect (VSD) - a hole in the septum of the lower left and lower right heart chambers. This allows blue blood to mix with red blood, causing the heart to be overworked and possibly enlarged. A small hole may not need to be closed, a medium-sized hole may be closed during a cardiac catheterization and a larger hole may require surgery.

Bicuspid Aortic Valve (BAV) - a defect of the aortic valve that results in the formation of two leaflets or cusps instead of the normal three. Normally only the mitral valve (bicuspid valve) has two cusps (instead of three). The aortic valve is situated between the left atrium and left ventricle. About 1-2% of the population have bicuspid aortic valves, although the condition is nearly twice as common in males. It is more common than any other congenital cardiac anomaly. In many cases, the condition will cause no problems. However, especially later in life, a bicuspid aortic valve may become calcified, which may lead to varying degrees of severity of aortic stenosis and aortic regurgitation, which will manifest as murmurs. If these become severe enough, they may require heart surgery. 
 
Please click on the links to learn more about CHD.



http://tchin.org/index.htm


Now about our day....Happy Heart Day #3 was a success...Jonathon and I woke up at 6:30a.m. this morning...we decided to have juice and pancakes for breakfast...mom had coffee too!  We were just finishing up our breakfast when Andrew came up stairs...
Daddy had to work today ~ Kenny stayed over night at a friends house ~ Andrew needed a ride to work at 9a.m.  So Jonathon and I got dressed and took Andrew to his job and then we went to Walmart to get a new movie and pick up a few items.

When we returned home ~ daddy was just pulling in the driveway from work ~ so the three of us had lunch together ~ Lunchables all around ~ well kinda ~ Jonathon had a lunchable and we had summer sausage, cheese and crackers.  We were just finishing up lunch when Kenny got home so we decided to watch Jonathon's new movie with him.




 Jonathon loved this movie!  He got crazy with it!  He was so funny.  He would lay on the couch and then he would jump down and run up to the t.v. when the rabbit was hopping around about being late and then he would just stand right in front of the t.v. and eventually sit back down in his chair and then he would do it all over again.  I haven't seen this movie since his big brothers were little.  I enjoyed it too and am glad that Jonathon likes it.  I have been getting tired of Toy Story and Cars and Over the Hedge.








I had to make cupcakes for tomorrow ~ for our big HAPPY HEART DAY celebration and I had 2 boys cleaning out the bowl!





After we finished watching the movie it was time to get ready for dinner.  While I made dinner, daddy went outside to work in the garage and Kenny played with Jonathon or at least tried too.  Jonathon missed his nap today so he was in rare form.  He decided it would be great to beat up Kenny. (poor Kenny)  I finally had to intercept and yell at Jonathon ~ then Jonathon got his feelings hurt and started bawling ~ then we all hugged and said "sorry".  And I decided we better hurry with dinner and get through cake because Jonathon needed to go to bed early.

Andrew never made it home in time so we did cake without him.















Cake was delicious!  Jonathon liked it.  And then it was time to pick up toys and get ready for bed.....


night night little boy....Happy Heart Day!!

I love you Jonathon and I  thank god everyday for trusting me and giving me the opportunity  to be your mom.....






 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment