Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Getting Back on Track

We have made it through all of "our" parties for this month of February.  We do have another birthday party to go to on Feb 19th, but "our" parties are done.

It is nice to actually cook a home cooked meal and not be running around with our heads cut off....  Seriously, I love pizza and I love cake...but I am not even sure at this point if I will eat pizza or cake on the 19th.  Cheeseburger and Onion rings are sounding mighty fine!

We woke up to a very frigid day today..It was only 9 degrees without the windchill when I went to pick Jonathon up from school.  Did I tell you that I hate winter.  I like to watch the snow fall from indoors.  I do not like to go out in it to play.  I really have to force myself to take Jonathon out to play..maybe after he learns to like snow it will be a little easier..I am not sure though..When Andrew and Kenny were little we had snowmobiles and we used to take them or pull them on a sled in our yard..Now I just have to get Gilbert to make a snow hill for Jonathon so he can slide down..Right now he does not like snow either.  Maybe when it warms back up into the 30's we will go out and play again.

Jonathon is becoming more and more vocal everyday.  This morning he had his vacuum out and when it was saying the ABC's he was repeating and then the vacuum would laugh and he would laugh.  He is trying really hard to put words together in a sentence.  Ex: Down Andrew (lay down Andrew).  Kenny please (please help me)  Mama more (more food ).  He is doing much better eating his snack at school also.  Teacher told me that they are almost ready to let him have his container all to himself.  Jonathon likes to shove as much food in his mouth as he can and then he freaks out because he knows he has too much in there.  This has been my one lasting war with him.  But over the last 6 months he is doing much better.  My son can eat M & M's finally and I spoil him with them!  He has a love for them just like his mom.


So we are back to our regular routine of getting up early, getting ready for school and after school we hang at home, eat dinner as a family, hang out some more, watch a little t.v. and read some good story books and then snuggle down for the night.


But that will change soon.....Thursday is the start of some more busy days for us....Dentist appointments are coming for the boys and we have to take Andrew and Kenny to open house for Tech and Jonathon will be staying home with "the" babysitter.....Auntie Carol-Ann.


I really don't like leaving Jonathon for any amount of time....I trust my sis 100%....Lets hope all goes well.....2 days until I have to worry about that.


No comments:

Post a Comment