snow day at our house. School was closed again today after we got alot of snow from Blizzard 2011. I never made it outside to measure, but it is alot. So I was going to take Jonathon outside for awhile today to play, but then my inner self said "Maybe you better not". And I agreed. When my gut tells me something, I do not question it, I just do it.
We have Happy Heart Day coming up in 2 days and we are celebrating Happy Heart Day outside our home this year on Sunday. And I really do not want Jonathon to be sick this weekend therefore I did not take him outside to play. I don't think the snow is going anywhere so we will just wait a few days and then go back out.
So we had our friends Charlotte and her daughter Sierra over today to visit for awhile. We had a nice visit and it gave Jonathon sometime to get to know Sierra a little better. Sierra is a wonderful teenager. She is a pleasure to have around and who knows .....maybe I have finally found a future babysitter....She is only 14 right now....and she is just getting to know Jonathon and he likes her so that is a plus.
After Jonathon's nap....Andrew, Kenny, Jonathon and I packed up and went to meet Daddy in Richmond. We had a few minutes to spare so we ran into Kmart to look for RED shirts for Happy Heart Day. Part of the invitation is to please wear red and of course we are not prepared......But I did find shirts for all of us and they were on sale too! Then we hurried over to the Fraser Optical for Daddy to get his eye exam done....Yes I have to hold his hand like one of the children...Got his new frames and lenses ordered and off we were to Carl's Electric to get a price and help on why our dryer quit....I have already had to hang 2 loads in the bathroom to dry and while I find this inconvenient it is really not that bad - I guess.... I do prefer a working dryer though seems how its winter! So we ordered one part that hubby broke off on accident and we have to check the heating element....he is doing that right now. If we need to replace it the cost will be $80 something and the part Gilbert broke is $13.00. Oh and if the heating element is bad it's because of non maintenance on hubby's part or mine I guess, but do I really need to take the whole front off of the dryer to clean the lint out......ummm I myself think that is a job for hubby! Yes its not from the teenagers over loading or slamming door or putting on the wrong setting.....It's from lint!
Then we hurried on home to find something for dinner! I really hate doing errands in the afternoon evening when I do not have something cooking in the crockpot for us when we get back....so Kenny stopped off at store and grabbed 2 slices of pizza and a pop.....Andrew had a grill cheese sandwich when we got home....Jonathon ate macaroni and cheese with some saltine crackers.....I had left over chili and shared some with Jonathon and Gilbert has not ate dinner yet.....so we all saved money except Kenny....Trying to teach my teenagers that they don't need to eat out because it cost money and if they do they will pay their own way... (on the days that I don't think we need to eat out)I don't think Kenny gets it quite yet, but he will one day!
Tomorrow is another busy day so I really should think of something for dinner ahead of time. Jonathon and I have to head out around 12:30p.m. First appointment is at 2p.m. and then another one around 3:30p.m. and then I have to stop a few places on the way home to do some errands.....UGH! Did I mention that I do not like afternoon/evening appointments......
No comments:
Post a Comment